Posting #: 2022-892668
Position: Patient Registration Clerk
Department: Ambulatory Clinics and APU
Status: Temporary Part-time for approx. 6-8 months (Must provide availability of up to 0.5 FTE)
Hours: Monday – Friday, 8 hour Day shifts
Halton Healthcare takes great pride in providing quality, compassionate healthcare services to our rapidly growing communities. As a progressive and vibrant healthcare organization, we take healthcare to a new level to meet the urgent needs of our community’s growing and aging population. We are a distinctive centre of healthcare excellence that offers first-rate care in an innovative environment that supports the physical, mental, emotional and spiritual needs of the community.
Halton Healthcare’s vision of Exemplary patient experiences, always, goes beyond just the patient experience; it has shaped our entire culture and remains at the core of every interaction in our organization, from our patients & families to our staff, physicians and volunteers. We believe in exemplary PEOPLE experiences always!
This is what you’ll be doing:
- Register patients using Meditech software
- Validate health care coverage
- Obtain required information and payment method for uninsured patients
- Accurately enter all required data
- Answer the telephone in a professional manner
- Receive inquiries from the public, families and hospital staff
- Complete various clerical tasks/audits as required
- Admit patients following established protocols and collaborate with nursing staff regarding bed allocation
- Work with accommodation staff to reassign beds as needed through preferred accommodations
- Obtain appropriate insurance information and required signatures from patient and family members
- Manage bill payment and receipts for patients
- Other related duties as required
This is what you’ll need to do it:
Halton Healthcare endeavors to hire individuals who are competent in their chosen profession and who exemplify our mission, vision and values of accountability, respect and compassion which guide our individual behaviours and attitudes.
- Recent Medical Office Administration Diploma or recent admin experience working in a similar capacity in a health care setting required
- Advanced keyboarding and extremely accurate data entry skills required
- Minimum of 30 wpm typing speed required
- Must have experience using Microsoft Office applications including Outlook and Word
- Successful completion of medical terminology course required
- Accurate spelling is required
- Able to work with minimal supervision and to prioritize work
- Demonstrated excellent interpersonal and organizational skills
- Demonstrated customer service skills and the ability to diplomatically respond to physicians, staff and family inquiries in a demanding work environment
- Must be able to meet the physical demands of the position which involves frequent sitting, standing and reaching
- Satisfactory employment and attendance record required
Date Posted: February 15, 2022
Internal applications due by: February 22, 2022
Please apply if you are passionate about what you do, motivated by a job well done, and as committed to excellence, quality and patient satisfaction as we are. Please submit your application via our website at www.haltonhealthcare.com directly to this posting and include a current copy of your resume.
We thank all those who apply but only those individuals selected for further consideration will be contacted.
In accordance with Directive #6, Halton Healthcare has implemented a COVID-19 Vaccination and Management Policy. All new hires must be fully compliant with our Policy as a condition of employment with Halton Healthcare. Successful applicants will be required to provide proof of vaccination or proof of a documented medical exemption as part of the hiring process.
In accordance with the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act and the Ontario Human Rights Code, Halton Healthcare will provide accommodations throughout the recruitment and selection process. If you require an accommodation, we will work with you to meet your accommodation needs to ensure your equal participation.
All personal information is collected under the authority of the Freedom of Information and Protection of Privacy Act.
Halton Healthcare is a smoke free facility in and around all three sites. Smoking is not permitted on hospital properties. We thank everyone who works at or visits our hospitals for respecting this healthy initiative. We are also a scent-free environment for all employees and visitors to accommodate individuals’ health concerns arising from exposure to scented products. We ask for everyone’s cooperation in our efforts to accommodate health concerns.