Redpath Sugar is located on Toronto’s historic downtown waterfront and has been a part of Canada’s heritage for more than 160 years. Our brand is the oldest food-related trademark in Canada and is recognized across the country. Redpath Sugar is part of ASR Group, the largest cane sugar refiner in the world.
The Packaging Supervisor is responsible for efficient operation of all packaging lines. This position is also responsible for enforcing safety, sanitation and GMP practices within the SQF framework. The packaging supervisor is responsible for the direct supervision of the hourly associates (unionized) and will be working continental shift pattern, including holidays and weekends.
DETAILED ROLES & RESPONSIBILITIES
- Accountable for the health and safety of all workers under their supervision. Is responsible to ensure that all operations are safe and that employees work in compliance with established work practices and procedures. Interacts with and participates in the Joint Health and Safety Committee when required.
- Schedules, directs and monitors the work of all hourly personnel in a manner that supports exceeding daily standard production rates. Evaluates operations and adjusts work schedules when needed to maintain production needs.
- Ensures that equipment is operating properly and efficiently. Liaison with the maintenance team by reporting issues resulting in downtime and assist with root cause analysis.
- Schedules production, materials, and resources effectively and works closely with the Logistics plan to meet all production, inventory and customer demands.
- Ensures that the quality of all finished products meets Redpath’s requirements and that all food safety, GMP and housekeeping standards are maintained at all times. Participates in the investigation of customer complaints and identifies corrective action.
- Leads assigned teams in continuous improvement processes.
- Ability to identify problems on the packaging floor, make quick decisions to resolve them to support the plant goals.
- Provides training to employees on safety, quality, operations and other areas as required.
- Supervises the warehouse operations during off shifts.
- Maintains all required department documentation, logs, files and reports and participates in regular reviews of plant and operations performance.
- Reviews and approves employee time sheets.
- Authorizes overtime and vacation scheduling for hourly employees. Always strive to minimize overtime.
- Maintains department control for purchased materials and stores items.
- Minimum of 5 years Supervisory experience leading teams in an Industrial setting or demonstrated leadership and supervisory skills.
- Experience with high speed packaging equipment desired.
- Proficient in use of Microsoft Word, Excel, Power Point and Outlook MS Office skills required.
- Knowledge of SAP is an asset.
- College or University graduate with technical or engineering focus preferred.
- Warehouse Supervisor: Works to ensure that production and inventory needs are met. Schedules work and people as required.
- Process Supervision: Interacts with superintendents and foremen on sugar and syrup supply.
- Maintenance / Engineering: Both Redpath and Contract Maintenance
- Quality: all levels
- Logistics: all levels
LOCATION OF ROLE
For more than 100 years, our employees have taken pride in “Making Life a Little Sweeter” by providing our customers and consumers with quality service and sugar products. Our commitment to that principle drives us in all that we do and encourages us to uphold our company’s high ethical standards of business conduct to ensure our continued success