We have an exciting Full-time Unionized opportunity in the Recreation Services Departmentfor an experienced and motivated individual
Vaughan is a city on the move. With a downtown core rising from the ground – the Vaughan Metropolitan Centre, a state-of-the-art hospital opened its doors in 2021 – the Cortellucci Vaughan Hospital, and a bustling subway, exciting projects are transforming the community. Be a part of something amazing and build your career at the City of Vaughan.
The City of Vaughan is an equal opportunity employer serving one of the fastest-growing municipalities in Canada, we are an organization committed to diversity and inclusivity, providing a thriving work environment, excellent benefits, learning and growth opportunities and a place where collaboration and teamwork are fostered. As one of the Greater Toronto’s Top Employers for 2022, we continuously employ workplace best-practices – and they’re getting noticed! Excellence demands brilliant personalities, visionary thinking and a passion for public service. Vaughan is your place to grow.
Under the direction of the Recreation Supervisor, Marketing Services, the Marketing Designer is responsible for supporting the implementation of marketing strategies across all channels to increase awareness of and participation in programs, services, and events. This includes, but is not limited to, creating, coordinating and maintaining design elements and copy for print, digital, web, email, and social media platforms.
The Marketing Designer is responsible for the layout and production of promotional literature and publications, including the Recreation Guide; supports social media and website administration; conducts market research/benchmarks; develops visual identity artwork and guidelines for signage at recreation facilities; and liaises with external vendors to source marketing materials.
Qualifications and experience:
- Three (3) year College or University Diploma in graphic design.
- Minimum four (4) years’ experience in the marketing industry, designing and creating promotional material, including producing camera-ready artwork for large-scale publications and a wide range of print and digital projects, working with printing companies, developing production schedules and plans to meet critical paths, copy writing, social media, and website management and, conducting market research, preferably in a municipal recreational environment.
- Competency in personal computers (PC) and associated software (MS Word, MS Excel, MS Outlook, database software)
- Highly proficient in Desktop Publishing applications including Adobe Creative Cloud InDesign, Adobe Premiere Pro, Adobe Acrobat, Illustrator, Photoshop
- Knowledge of Drupal and PerfectMind is an asset.
- Knowledgeable of current graphic design and marketing trends.
- Dealing with confidential and sensitive information with professionalism and diplomacy.
- Excellent organizational, analytical, problem-solving and project management skills.
- Excellent oral, presentation and written communication skills.
- A valid Ontario ‘G’ driver’s license, in good standing, with access to a reliable vehicle for corporate use.