We need a new Client Manager! This is a remote (work from home) position.
The foundation of our work is client relationships. We treat our clients like respected family members and it’s important to have the right people in the role of client manager.
At the same time, client managers need to have a thorough understanding of Google Ads in order to drive strategy, interface with the technical team, answer client questions, and help troubleshoot problems.
This unique mix of right brain (client relationship building and management) and left brain (Google Ads campaign strategy and data analysis) skills makes client managers very special people. They are the lifeblood of our organization and we’re looking to find more wonderful team members who can help us grow!
- Google Ads: Experience with Google Ads is required. You are not expected to run Google Ads campaigns (those are run by our account specialists). However, you need to know Google Ads very well in order to help influence strategy, troubleshoot issues, and be the conduit between our account specialists and clients.
- Client management: The core of your job is relationship building. You need to be a person that cares deeply about helping make other people successful. That means managing expectations, being clear in your communication, and being willing to coach clients. You also need to be comfortable with challenging conversations and have the ability to diffuse tense situations and the foresight to navigate around potential pitfalls.
- Strategy: The client manager is the key to the campaign’s success! Your job is to learn about the client, understand who they are, what they sell, who they sell to, etc. And then, because you’re a Google Ads expert, use your knowledge to help build campaigns that ensure the clients are wildly successful. While you aren’t running the Google Ads campaigns yourself, you need to know Google enough to help assist in driving strategy with the Google Ads managers on our team.
- Problem solving: The cardinal sin at our company is asking someone a question you could have solved yourself. We need people who are willing to “figure it out” and don’t mind rolling up their sleeves. That doesn’t mean we aren’t here to support you, we are. But only when you encounter a problem that you truly can’t solve. You’re expected to bring more to the table than expected and hurdle problems, not allow them to get in your way.
Motivated by competition and results. You are likely a skilled, pragmatic enforcer whose focus on achievement and success can help those around you accomplish goals. You speak directly and make decisions quickly. You like to take charge in a situation and explore worthwhile, effective solutions. Your determination and confidence make you a strong leader.
Important personality traits:
What energizes you:
- Taking charge
- Ambitious goals
- Professional growth
- Competition & winning
- This is a remote position. You must be prepared and experienced with working from home.
- All candidates must have access to a stable internet connection and quiet place to take calls.
- All job offers start with a 90-day trial to make sure that we’re the right fit for each other.
Truth: Everything we do requires a commitment to truth as the core principle and foundation of our company. We are data driven marketers, data is truth. If something isn’t working, we tell the client. If we make a mistake, we’re the first to bring it up and we own it. If we don’t know the answer to something, we admit it readily (and then work to figure it out!) If we disagree, we say so. Truth is the first and most important step to solving any problem.
Responsibility: How do we do more? How do we give more? How do we help each other? Responsibility requires us to constantly be looking for opportunities to go further. We don’t try to get out of work, we lean into it. You’ll never hear us say, “That’s not my job.” By being proactive with our skillset we place ourselves in a position to influence the world around us in a way that only those who understand true responsibility ever can.
Heart: It’s not enough to simply do. You also have to care. You have to care about your clients, your team mates, and yourself. You have to work like it matters, like what you’re doing means something. You need to know that you’re making an impact and understand that there are people relying on you to do what’s best for them. In some cases, these people wouldn’t know the difference which makes it even more important. We have been offered a sacred trust in helping people grow their business and so we treat their businesses as our own.