Are you passionate about clearly written, technically accurate content? Do you read articles about emerging technologies and think “I could make this better”? Do your hobbies include learning about new technologies and practices like artificial intelligence, IoT, and DevOps? Are you passionate about Oxford commas and em dashes?
If you answered yes to these questions, ContentLab.io wants to hear from you.
ContentLab.io is currently seeking freelance technical editors to join our editorial team.
In your capacity as Freelance Technical Editor you will be responsible for, but not limited to, the following duties:
- Review and edit produced technical content for accuracy, brevity, and clarity.
- Review, read, and edit content related to advanced software development concepts and techniques, including discussion of code-level implementations.
- Ensure that content follows the direction, topic points, and word count agreed upon.
- Ensure that content follows the technical depth and tone agreed upon.
- Ensure that content is engaging and ready for publication.
- Proven technical editing skills including the ability to edit for accuracy, brevity, and clarity.
- A minimum of 3 years experience in a technology environment working as a technical writer/editor.
- Experience in reader-focused content publishing such as journalism, marketing, or end-user documentation is a plus.
- Bachelors or Masters degree in English, Communications, or other relevant field is desirable.
Job Types: Full-time, Part-time, Casual, Freelance
- technical writing / editing: 3 years (required)