Reporting to the Service Manager, the role of the Field Technician includes, but is not limited to operating a field service truck to complete day-to-day field maintenance services, complete warranty repairs in addition to troubleshooting equipment performance issues and perform overhauls on natural gas equipment including engines, compressors, power generation, and other related equipment at customer site locations.
We seek a candidate who has a core foundation of integrity and is willing and able to use commitment and creativity to drive our organization towards success. This position is located in Eastern Canada, based out of Ontario or Quebec.
Principle Responsibilities and Duties
- Working on medium to large stationary natural gas equipment: including but not limited to, engines, reciprocating/screw compressors, pumps, valves, coolers, panels, generator packages, and related machinery.
- Traveling to and conducting thorough preventative maintenance inspections at customer site locations across Eastern Canada.
- Performing all aspects of repairs and overhauls within established time guidelines.
- Troubleshoot machinery / equipment malfunctions using high attention to detail and experience to solution the problem.
- Collaborate with Branch Manager and Account Representative on repair strategies to accurately inform customer quotes.
- Mentor apprentices and support other technicians through information sharing and knowledge transfer.
- Maintain and develop positive professional relationships with existing and potential internal and external customers.
- Participate in internal and external training courses as an opportunity for career growth and development.
- Be available to participate in on call rotation for after hour calls as required.
- Perform all work in a safe manner and in accordance with the company HSE policies.
- Minimum 3 years’ field service work experience.
- Valid Journeyman Heavy Duty Mechanic, Industrial Truck, Electrical Mechanic, Instrumentation, Power System, Natural Gas Compression, or Millwright Certificate.
- Valid driver’s license with the ability and willingness to drive long distances.
- Possess a well-rounded knowledge of engine, generator, and compressor performance and operations; experience with Arial, Jenbacher, Waukesha, and Cat considered an asset.
- High voltage, non-diesel generator, automation and controls, or PLC control experience considered an asset.
- Ability to use computer technology and SAP experience is considered an asset.
- Self-motivated team player with strong attention to detail.
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills.
- Clean drivers abstract must be provided at time of hire.
Fast paced, customer-oriented environment, requiring regular travel both within and outside provincial boundaries. Outside work with exposure to elements year-round.
Enerflex is an Equal Opportunity Employer
Enerflex grants equal employment opportunity to all qualified persons without regard to race, color, sex, age, national origin, religion, genetic information, mental or physical disability, or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state, or local law. Equal employment opportunities are provided in recruitment, hiring, promotions, wages, benefits, and other terms, conditions, and privileges of employment.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this job. They are not intended to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, tasks, duties, knowledge, skills, and abilities required.
Please visit our website at www.enerflex.com for more information.