Requisition ID: 49148
Opportunity Type: Permanent
Estimated Annual Salary: 100,000 – 150,000
Type of Remuneration: Daily Rate
Site Visit & Reallocation Allowance Programs: Site Visit Program
For information and to determine eligibility for Department of Health and Wellness Incentives, please contact Physician.Resources@novascotia.ca
The Family Medicine Prenatal/Obstetrics group at South Shore Regional Hospital are seeking a family physician our dynamic team providing obstetrical and newborn care to residents of the South Shore area. The successful candidate will have the opportunity to work as a part of the prenatal clinic and call rotation at South Shore Regional Hospital.
We are a collaborative group dedicated to providing excellent outpatient and inpatient primary maternity care while supporting the professional growth of our team-members. In our group, mentorship is a priority, for newer physicians and for each-other. South Shore Regional Hospital enjoys 24-hour obstetrical and anaesthesia services as well as a committed contingent of nursing professionals. We work 24 hour shifts and have a call room on site. A recent increase in the sessional payment plus call stipend means that your time and expertise is appropriately remunerated.
Join us in one of Nova Scotia’s most beautiful regions as we continue to build a welcoming and professional obstetrical community on the South Shore. Please arrange to visit us for a tour of the hospital and clinic. Your future colleagues look forward to meeting you.
- ensure the delivery of comprehensive primary health care services to patients of all ages and stages of health or illness
- be accountable for appropriate workload and practice
- continuum of patient care with health care providers within your practice and/or community
- provide care and coordination of community-based care, and secondary and tertiary level heath care
- build to capacity within the first two years
- operate within the Bylaws and Rules and Regulations of Nova Scotia Health Authority
- work toward same day or next day access for the practice population
- work in collaboration with other team members in the practice to best suit the community’s health needs
- work with other providers to provide after-hours access and emergency coverage when required
- participate in quality improvement and evaluation activities
- utilize an electronic medical record (EMR) and record all relevant patient details in a provincially approved EMR which is accessible to all collaborating team members
- Part – time
- participate in the OB Clinic and flexible call group (from 3-8 shifts per month)
- all applicants must be eligible for licensure with the College of Physicians and Surgeons of Nova Scotia (CPSNS)
- all family physicians must be eligible for certification with the College of Family Physicians of Canada (CFPC)
- membership with the Canadian Medical Protective Association (CMPA)
- Advanced Cardiovascular Life Support (ACLS)
- Basic Cardiac Life Support (BCLS)
- Pediatric Advanced Life Support (PALS)
- College of Family Physicians of Canada ER certification considered an asset
- experience in obstetrics considered an asset
The Town of Bridgewater is located along the LaHave River and is surrounded by the coastal beaches and fishing communities of the south shore. It is the largest town in this region with a population of over 8,500. Self-titled “The Main Street of the South Shore,” Bridgewater has long been established as the primary commercial and professional service centre in the southern half of the province. The community boasts a diverse local economy and is home to larger national and international employers. Physicians build a life and career they love in this beautiful town, as shown in NOW! Lunenburg.
Here, year-round activities like surfing, cycling, hiking, stand up paddleboarding, and sea kayaking await you. Love to sail, or have always wanted to learn? You’ve come to right place! Camp and explore Kejimkujik National Park or enjoy our abounding craft breweries and wineries. Art galleries and historical escapes provide hours of entertainment in your down time as your explore the wonderful surrounding communities. There is something for everyone in Bridgewater – and all within a one hour commute to Nova Scotia’s capital city of Halifax!
Physicians in Nova Scotia provide fulfilling patient care which embraces family life, professional development and community involvement. That’s what makes practicing medicine in Nova Scotia unique. Physicians are increasingly attracted to practices that offer team-based care to their patients and allow them to consult with their peers. The size and scale of Nova Scotia allows for better connections across the health care system. Your practice of medicine and your life is richer here. Nova Scotia is more than medicine.
Nova Scotia Health Authority (NSHA) is committed to being a workforce that is free of discrimination, values diversity and is representative, at all job levels, of the people we serve. Our priority groups are Aboriginal People, African Nova Scotians, Persons with Disabilities and Recent Immigrants. Members of these groups are welcome to apply and self-identify if they wish to be considered under our Employment Equity policy.