Vista Radio is privileged to operate 34 community websites and 48 radio stations (and growing) broadcasting across more than 70 transmitters located in three Provinces and the Northwest Territories. We have an unparalleled commitment to the communities we serve. Join the team and you’ll see it everyday in every office across Canada.
Culture is at the very core of everything we do and we’re committed to building a great one because we know it sets us apart. To do that, we actively cultivate an open and supportive team environment, where diverse ideas and perspectives are encouraged and respected. We pride ourselves in being a collaborative and innovative company where talented people can be masters of their craft, LOVE coming to work, have a positive impact on their community and of course have fun while doing it!
We’re looking for a quick learner, who is digitally-savvy and results-driven. Your superb communication and organizational skills will be key to leading and supporting a diverse set of initiatives across news, sales and a variety of audio and digital content we create every day.
With multiple radio stations and digital platform assets across a very unique region of Canada, we need someone to serve as the group expert – to plan, consult, strategize, and execute on ideas in a fast-paced environment, balancing multiple demands and priorities simultaneously.
- Degree/diploma or equivalent education in digital marketing, advertising or related field
- Ideally with 2+ years of experience in a similar role, but we’re not hung up on numbers. We do however like to see skill, passion, and demonstrable results in the work you’ve done.
- Outstanding knowledge of the field of digital marketing and social media platforms – current best practices and emerging trends
- Working experience with content management systems (e.g. WordPress)
- Collaboration is at the heart of everything you do. We need a team player who builds respect and credibility by uncovering opportunities and adding value to what we do
- Exceptional organizational skills and the ability to manage multiple, often-competing priorities in a fast-paced environment with tight timelines
- Strong analytical skills and understanding of digital analytics, with the ability to generate, analyze and interpret data.
- Critical thinker, with excellent problem-solving skills
- Client facing presence with excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Proactively manage and/or support the content team on development and execution of the editorial calendar strategy and metrics for all digital assets
- Identify the best digital content, formats, and distribution channels to engage the audience and cultivate sales opportunities
- Proactively support Sales Managers to identify digital sales opportunities and prepare supporting materials for client presentations
- Attend client meetings as required to consult on the role of digital in advertising campaigns
- Collaborate with the Digital Product team, Sales, Traffic and other internal departments to manage execution of digital elements of sales and promotional initiatives
- Support sales staff with analysis and delivery of post campaign digital analytics
- Regularly track and get insights into competitors’ digital strategy; share with team leads
- Keep on top of trends, create and share industry best practices with internal stakeholders
- Other duties as assigned by the General Manager