Ready for the next chapter of your career? Why not make one of Canada’s leading restaurant groups a part of it! We value relentless innovation and kick-ass creativity! We provide advancement through training and development and our hands on managers empower people and awaken ability through responsibility and respect.
Liberty Commons: A modern-day brewpub, Liberty Commons honours the history and hustle of the ‘hood, and celebrates the union of good food and good beer in good company. As Oliver & Bonacini and Big Rock Brewery team up here, mad chefs meet mad hops, and invite you to feast on a true food and brew collaboration in a beauty of a space. A pitcher perfect marriage!
What’s in it for you?
- Competitive wages/salary packages
- Gratuity sharing
- A comprehensive group benefits program
- Training and development opportunities
- Staff dining discount
Our Chef de Partie’s are seasoned cooks which have gained considerable experience working in a fast-paced kitchen. They are very organized and comfortable working in a high-pressure environment. The Chef de Partie must also be able to give orders within their section, work independently as well as reliably carry out orders handed down to them by the Sous Chef and Chef. Their attention to detail is monumental, able to mentor junior cooks and trouble-shooting any problems that may arise.
PRIMARY DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
- Perform delegated tasks from Sous Chef, Chef and/or General Manager
- Day to day food preparation of the restaurant according to O&B standards
- Follow recipes, portion controls and presentation specification as set by the restaurant
- Maintain a prep list of station duties
- Follow the FIFO method to maximize freshness
- Assist in food inventory and control
- Assist in properly receiving and storing delivered items
- Clean food prep areas, equipment, utensils and strictly adhere to sanitation, food safety, and hygiene guidelines
- Strictly adhere to WHMIS and MSDS guidelines
- Other duties or responsibilities as assigned or required
- 1.5 – 2 years cooking experience in a fast-paced restaurant
- Culinary diploma/degree is an asset
- Demonstrates an understanding of professional cooking and knife handling skills
- Ability to take direction and work calmly and effectively under pressure
- Able to spend 100% of the time standing
- Serve Safe certified
** We thank all applicants for their interest in Oliver & Bonacini Hospitality; however, only suitable candidates will be contacted to continue the application process. **